Top 7 Things to Know About Breast Cancer Awareness--
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Despite the month having 31 days, this is something we must be aware of all year long.
Remember these key things about a condition we must all fight to eliminate:
1. Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. It affects millions of women, and thankfully gets the needed attention to fight its surge.
2.Regular doctor visits and mammograms for women over the age of 40 are critical in breast health. If you are at risk for breast cancer, because of a history of the condition in your family, you should have mammograms sooner for early detection. Many insurance companies have improved coverage for breast health, and social service centers are helping out as well. Check our local area for more.
3. Real Talk With Felicia is a major player in the fight against breast cancer through their fundraising arm, Purposed for Pink. Purposed For Pink raises money for breast cancer research in conjunction with the Susan G. Komen efforts for combating this crippling condition.
4. Each year it is estimated that nearly 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die. We must get these numbers lower.
5. Breast cancer impacts us all. Approximately 1,700 men will also be diagnosed with breast cancer and 450 will die each year. This isn't just about the ladies, gents.
6. You can help fight this disease and get closer to a cure. Make a donation, or consult your local breast cancer awareness foundation to volunteer some time.
Click here to view the team page for Purposed for Pink Team
7. You can enjoy while you contribute. Pretty City is again having their $31 "Pretty in Pink" spa treatment special, in partnership with Be Bright Pink. These 2 organizations have long worked to support breast cancer awareness, and you can be a part...while getting a mani, pedi,massage and more!
Book your appointment in your city now!
Join in the fight.
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
NBA Free Agency Popcorn Watcher By: Tonisha Hood, BMMO Consulting NBA free agency started with a few bangs. First, everyone was am...
The Ladies of Fashion Law! Fashion law is a growing niche in the legal industry and nothing short of fun and exciting. In ...
B.A.F.F.L.E.D.'s Black Friday Special! For deals beyond the doorbusters, check out these great sites for your holiday shopping pleasure...
Happy Birthday Blue Jeans! What was once an item necessary for work during the gold rush is now a staple in every wardrobe. From $10 &quo...