10 Fat Fighting Foods
In a new year we're all looking to get a bit healthier. There are some key staples to have regularly in your diet. Don't just make them part of a new year's resolution, but a New You resolution!
1. Oranges - eat them before meals; they help metabolize and are packed with Vitamin C to boost your immune system.
2. Sweet Potatoes - packed with fiber, sweet potatoes curb hunger; the beta carotene also lowers the risk of breast cancer
3. Dark Leafy Greens - (spinach, kale, etc.) these are a great source of iron, and contribute to eye health
4. Apples - lower cholesterol, and curb hunger because of their fiber
5. Yogurt - helps burn belly fat; the probiotics aid in digestion
6. Blueberries - loaded with antioxidants and have anti-diabetic effects; they also protect the heart
7. Green Tea - contains EGCG to boost metabolism; protects the heart muscles and improves bone density
*You can find some of the best teas at Republic of Teas!
8. Swiss Cheese - prevents absorption of fat
9. Whole grains - help you to not overeat; contain B vitamins and magnesium
10. Cinnamon - this spice is packed with high antioxidant levels, and have positive effects on the blood and glucose levels
*Bonus B.A.F.F.L.E.D. Personal Favorite: Pomegranate - provides vitamin C and B5, antioxidants, reduce heart disease risk factors, lowers systolic blood pressure and tastes great!!
Here's to your health....and additions on your grocery list!