What a great reason to bring back our old feature, Tuesday Tops! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Despite the month having 31 days, this is something we must be aware of all year long.
As we've shared before, there are some essentials about the condition, and what we can all do to fight it.
1. Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. It affects millions of women, and thankfully gets the needed attention to fight its surge.
2. Regular doctor visits and mammograms for women over the age of 40 are critical in breast health. If you are at risk for breast cancer, because of a history of the condition in your family, you should have mammograms sooner for early detection. Many insurance companies have improved coverage for breast health, and social service centers are helping out as well. Check our local area for more.
3. Real Talk With Felicia is a major player in the fight against breast cancer through their fundraising arm, Purposed for Pink. Purposed For Pink raises money for breast cancer research in conjunction with the Susan G. Komen efforts for combating this crippling condition.
4. We are continuing our annual fashion for a cause campaign this month, raising awareness through our style on Wednesdays. Share your pics on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook with the hashtags!
6. Breast cancer impacts us all. Approximately 1,700 men ill also be diagnosed with breast cancer and 450 will die each year. This isn't just about the ladies, gents.
7. You can help fight this disease and get closer to a cure. Make a donation, or consult your local breast cancer awareness foundation to volunteer some time.
Click here to get your pink tee from Real Talk with Felicia
8. You can learn more about breast and ovarian cancer awareness, risk factors and reduction tactics from Bright Pink. This organization is always doing amazing things across the country to spread awareness and share info on early detection--all year long. Check them out and get involved!
Join in the fight.